COVID-19: Patient Update
WE ARE OPEN!
(By Appointment Only)
We are now officially OPEN to provide routine eye care once again! Although our services will be by appointment only for now, we are excited to be able to go back to taking care of all your eye wellness needs.
TWO years after our Grand Opening, we are excited to be celebrating the RE-OPENING of our clinic!! We can’t express how much we have missed our patients and the community and are excited to go back to providing you with exceptional eye care once again.
Our office may look a bit different, but as you know your health and well being is our top priority as we follow the required COVID-19 health and safety guidelines set by Public Health Authorities. We will be operating on a reduced schedule as we gradually re-open to accommodate all our patients for routine eye care services.
What will not change is our personalized eye care and attention to all your eye wear and wellness needs!
To protect you and our staff, we have significantly reduced the number of patients we will be seeing in our office so that you will be the only person present during your appointment and we have also implemented strict infection control procedures that meet guidelines from Public Health Ontario and the College of Optometrists of Ontario.
Some of the things you can expect during your visit include:
- We’ll only be allowing one patient in the clinic at a time (only one parent can accompany a minor).
- When you arrive for your appointment, we ask that you text us from your car until we send a message to let you know we are ready for you.
- You’ll be asked to answer some COVID-19 screening questions using our QR code link that will be sent to you or by scanning the code on our front door before being able to enter.
- You will be required to wear your own face mask that covers your nose and mouth for entry into the clinic. (A surgical mask, cloth covering, or other appropriate face covering).
- There will also be a mandatory hand sanitizing station for staff and patients at our front entrance, plastic barriers at the front desk and changes to our waiting room area to permit safe physical distancing.
- Our staff and Doctors will also be wearing face masks, gloves and/or face shields and safety glasses and will follow strict health and safety measures at all times.
- Our equipment will have breath shields to prevent the spread of respiratory droplets.
- We will have a ‘white glove service;’ for trying on eyewear to offer you the safest and most customized styling experience for your eye wear needs.
- After trying on frames, we’ll place them in a basket to be thoroughly disinfected before being put back on the shelves.
- We will be extending all appointment times and spacing them out to allow us enough time to disinfect and sterilize surfaces and equipment between patients.
- All railings, door handles, counters, reception room areas, and all spaces where public interaction occurs will be frequently disinfected.
- Virtual eye care consultations will still be available to those high-risk patients who need advice from an eye doctor from home.
If you had an appointment that was cancelled during the time our office was closed, our staff will be in touch with you in chronological order from the first day of shutdown for PRIORITY BOOKING to re-schedule your appointment in the coming days.
Alternatively, you can BOOK ONLINE HERE:
We are working diligently to ensure your safety while at the same time, providing the necessary services to take care of your eye care needs. We take this very seriously and you can be rest assured that we are adapting to this new reality to ensure our patients receive the best care possible in comfort and safety.
We would be happy to address any questions or concerns you might have about preparing for your visit with us. You can reach us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (519) 925 3882.
We thank you for your patience and understanding as we navigate through the next few weeks with our enhanced protocols to keep you safe. From the bottom of our hearts, we thank you for supporting our local small business so that we can continue providing quality eye care services to Shelburne and the surrounding communities.
We can’t wait to SEE you all again!
From our family to yours – stay healthy and be well.
The Shelburne Optometry Family
Have an eye problem?
To help our patients with both urgent and non-urgent concerns, we are doing VIRTUAL tele-optometry consultations online via videoconferencing, through our secure online waiting room. Please contact us by email, phone or via our social media platforms to book a virtual appointment online with Dr. Chothani.
Should you experience an OCULAR EMERGENCY, please:
- Contact us via email with the title URGENT AT: email@example.com
- Use our WEBSITE to contact us for our virtual triage service.
- Call us at: (519) 925 3882 and leave a voicemail.
What is an Ocular Emergency? (SUDDEN ONSET of any the below)
- Vision loss in one of both eyes
- Halos around lights associated with red painful eye
- Flashing lights and/or floaters
- Double vision
- Foreign body/injury to the eye
- Chemical injury to the eye
If you do not receive a reply from us within one business day (during regular hours), please call Telehealth Ontario 1-866-797-0000 for further advice.
Eyes feeling dry? Running low of contact lenses?
Order your contact lenses and dry eye products ONLINE at our ONLINE STORE!!
Click here to SHOP NOW
- FREE direct shipping during the pandemic
- Rewards points system for all your purchases
- Applicable rebates still apply
We are also extending all contact lens prescriptions expiring by 3 months to assist our patients in maintaining social distancing protocols once we re-open.
Contact us by email or phone to find out how we can help to repair or replace your glasses. Don’t hesitate to reach out. We are here for you!
General Inquiries can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This inbox is checked frequently, and one of our team will we get back to you to help you with any queries or questions that you may have.
We thank you in advance for your support and understanding and look forward to seeing your smiling faces at the office again!